Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Nursing's program "Rite of Passage"

I just got the most shocking news.  One of my 3rd semester Med-Surg instructors (Wendy) has been hospitalized.  We found out today that she has a tumor in her brain.  This is just awful news but at the same time its frustrating news! Med-Surg was one of the hardest class ever!!  One reason was because of HER!  Her questions were extremely difficult (0n the exam and quizzes).  My med-surg class had to put up with her, and the NEW med-surg class (which include all of my closest friends) dont have to put up with her horrible lectures and terrible exams. NOT FAIR!!! If my class had to slay away for 2 month, I think EVERYONE should! Yes, thats harsh but everyone knows that if you pass 3rd semester Med-Surg than you are guaranteed to pass the nursing program.  Yes, it is the hardest class in the entire program... because of WENDY! Passing that class is the "rite of passage".  I wish her the best and a speedy recovery.  Were going to put something together (as a class) for her.   

Update: So we found out that Wendy has a benign tumor. Thats a VERY good thing. It mean it wont spread to other tissues or travel to other organs. So it will be surgically removed this week.  John and I are planning on going to go see her after the surgery.   

1 comment:

Claudy said...

I'm very proud of you! Siomara RN watch out.
Love you!