Friday, April 3, 2009

The Verdict..

I passed my Med-Surg Class!!! I am so so excited.  We took the final yesterday morning, i only slept 3 hrs because my anxiety was through the roof.  We had 2 hrs to complete a 85 question exam.  It most defenitely was not enough time.  I had about 10 questions to go when they announced the 15 min mark.  At that point i panicked!  I walked out of the classroom ready to cry. At that moment i knew it was over.  Niesha (one of my bests) was full of tears.  Everyone was freaking out because that exam was so out of our league.  Nobody what kind what was go on.   As soon as i saw Mondo I just wanted him to hug me and tell me that everything was going to be okay.  That's exactly what he did.  He had his final right after mine.  Well, Nieshy and I went to cold stone after wards to treat ourselves'.  Then I went home and passed out for a few hrs.  Around 5 my phone kept ringing. All of my classmates were calling me.  I guess our theory instructors called the 6 people who had failed the class  If you didn't receive a phone call, that was a very good thing! One of them so happened to be one of my dearest friends.  Oh we were all devastated for her.  So we all decided to had a get together at a friends house to support her.  She is such a trooper! She smiled and laughed but you could tell that she was about to fall apart.  Well, now its onto OB. I'm doing my OB clinicals at UCLA-Santa Monica. I'm super excited. i heard they just got a completely new unit so it should be really nice. I CANT WAIT!!! 

As soon as i knew i passed I called Mondo.  He was SO excited. He even told me that he was saying prayers for me to pass.. Awww :)  If you know him at all, you know he doesn't do prayer.  As soon as he said this my eyes started to water.  Knowing that he was saying prayers just made my entire day even better!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Congrats! i can tell you work so hard, I am sure passing is a much deserved relief!