Thursday, May 7, 2009

A week to remember

On friday we celebrated my Best Friends 27th birthday. Yup, my best is 27! What an old fart. Me and chantelle wanted to do something special for his birthday, especially since we couldnt celebrate it on his actual birthday (april 23rd). I ran around town trying to get everything together. I went and got a cake from his favorite bakery "Portos." I was going to get him the usual cake we always get.. the chocolate raspberry cake..TO DIE FOR! but Joshua told me to buy something different.. so i did. I got a red velvet cake. Well I ran to Sh
erman Oaks mall to get his birthday present. I got him an engraved white wine glass with his inicials "AJL" and a wooden box to put it in. He absolutely LOVED it!!!! He put his new box on his dresser and put something very special in it. The wine glass is in the living room for everyone to see. Our evening consisted of just the 4 of us (Mo
ndo, Josh, Chantelle, and I) just like we like it! We made salmon, potatoes, and esparigus. It was such a great evening! Sorry no pictures. My camera was dead :( Josh has the only picture of the night.. mondo blowing out the candles. and im sure ill never get a copy of it. Happy
 Birthday to my Best! I Love You, Honey Kins!!!


Saturday: I went to a Dodgers game with Niesha. Her uncle got us FREE tickets. Wahoo.. it was alot of fun. We ate and ate and ate some more! but we did have some nasty tasting garlic fries.. yuck! but overall we had a blast!! Thanks NiNi :) LETS GO DODGERS!!!


Monday: I took my first OB exam. I did pretty well! Hooray! Im so glad that i was able to work at Cedars in the L&D department.. it helped me out a lot.
Tuesday: I was at Clinicals. I was in the Nursery. Now amazing was that! I learned so much that day. We only had two babies all day so it was quite slow morning. I was able to really get to know one of my classmates really well. We did a complete baby assessment. At the end of the day, it was our mid-evaluation from our clinical instuctor. It pretty much grades us on our performance in the hospital. I got a FANTASTIC evaluation. Lynette (my instuctor) told me that i had the best clinical skill out of everyone in my clinical group.. whoo! She liked how easily i can relate to my patients.

Cinco de Mayo: Yes, we celebrated the 5th of May. We made dinner (enchilladas, rice and beans) and a group of friends over at Mondo and Josh's place. It was fun to have everyone over and just lounge around and eating delish food. Sorry No pics..


Wed: We had our "Drag Queen Bingo" fundraiser. Yes, i said "DRAG QUEEN." It was so much fun! We had our host "the drag" and they had 2 contestants from american idol (i think from season 6) & a known actress (sorry i dont remember her name, but i knew who she was when i saw her... haha) to help host also. It was held at "Hamburger Mary's" in west hollywood. I won once.. YAY! i won a bag with scrubs and lots of medical supplies... yay! except the scrubs are way to big for me..Boooo! It was SO much fun. I cant wait til next year.













1 comment:

Laurel said...

sounds like it was a jam packed fun week!